Gallery Assistant Trainee 6 Months Fixed Term
3 day week Friday - Sunday, 10am - 6pm)
Guaranteed 25 hrs per week offering additional flexible hours for exhibition openings and installs
National minimum wage £10.85 per hour
Cell Project Space is offering an opportunity for candidates to gain wide-ranging experience, skills, training insight into the workings of a small not for profit art gallery in the role of Gallery Assistant. This is an exciting entry-level role within the organisation that would suit a driven, detail-oriented candidate seeking hands-on practical experience across various disciplines within art and culture administration, exhibition production, front of house responsibilities, and marketing.
We encourage candidates from BAME and or LGBTQ backgrounds to apply, who are currently under-represented in employment within the visual arts.
- Must be able to work in the weekend
- A knowledge and a passion for contemporary art and the creative industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid knowledge of office procedures
- Proven work experience as an Administrative Officer, Administrator or similar role
- Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, specifically)
- Strong organisation skills with a problem-solving attitude
- An interest in practical DIY skills for exhibition design (painting and decorating with attention to detail)
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
The role provides a high degree of career development opportunities as the Kickstart Scheme supported Gallery Assistant will gain both insight into the different career paths available in the arts and culture sector and the breadth of skills required to fulfill various roles within arts organisations, specifically, within gallery administration, coordination, exhibition production and marketing with mentoring support from experienced professionals.
Training with website Content Management Systems, Mail Server Management and Adobe Suite desktop publishing using InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop will be provided. An assigned mentor will support CV writing skills and a skills pack portfolio for professional development.
This role is open to applicants who are 16-24yrs and currently receiving Universal Credit. If you are interested in working with us please send a CV and covering letter to Milika Muritu, Director at email@example.com, using the subject header "Gallery Assistant Trainee" or apply through DWP/HMRC website directly
image credit from left to right: Detail solo exhibition 'Astrology and The City' 2018 Alan Michael, Detail Armour, 2016 Kate Mackeson